Current time: 08-22-2014, 06:34 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Thank you all for your support and increased participation. It helps!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
George Hodel
03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
RE: George Hodel
Parts of this message have been hidden. Please login or register to unhide them.

I'm still sketchy on how Hodel knew Elizabeth Short. Isn't it because of his assistant Lillian DeNorak? She claims Hodel and Short were an item? But Steve claims she perjured herself on the stand during the incest trial? To the best of my knowledge there is no real hard evidence of Dr. Hodel beating up women, nevermind killing one.

Out of all the Dr. suspects, Patrick O'Reilly is the most likely. Being that he was an Osteopath with a history of violence towards women. Even so, there's no real hard evidence he ever met or knew Elizabeth Short but at least he was far more likely to have as he was friends with Mark Hansen.

Mary Pacios puts a lot of BDA in perspective here.
Guests cannot see links in posts.

Danny, proud to be a member of The Black Dahlia in Hollywood Forum since Jan 2010.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Parts of this message have been hidden. Please login or register to unhide them.

(03-28-2011 03:36 PM)Danny Wrote: Guests cannot see links in posts.I'm still sketchy on how Hodel knew Elizabeth Short. Isn't it because of his assistant Lillian DeNorak? She claims Hodel and Short were an item? But Steve claims she perjured herself on the stand during the incest trial? To the best of my knowledge there is no real hard evidence of Dr. Hodel beating up women, nevermind killing one.

Out of all the Dr. suspects, Patrick O'Reilly is the most likely. Being that he was an Osteopath with a history of violence towards women. Even so, there's no real hard evidence he ever met or knew Elizabeth Short but at least he was far more likely to have as he was friends with Mark Hansen.

Mary Pacios puts a lot of BDA in perspective here.
Guests cannot see links in posts.

I still maintain Beth's "female issue" and Hodel's free clinic makes it possible. I'm not ruling anyone out. Unless the evidence has an equine theme Guests cannot see images in posts.

If you murder an innocent man you are responsible for the blood of his unborn descendants, and the weight of this responsibility is your's to carry to the end of time.

~Unknown
03-29-2011, 04:09 AM

(08-22-2009 12:44 AM)Briar Wrote: Guests cannot see links in posts.I was browsing Steve's blog where he has posted a higher resolution copy of two of the pictures in his father's album. This is something I've never thought of before:
From the back of the "Gloria" picture:
"George - the teacher

from

Gloria

Too little time - No?"

From the DA's questioning of Ann Toth:
[Page 9 from Ann Toth's February 28, 1950 Statement, Sgt. Brown Questioning]
Q. Who is Oterro - was it, or Clemens was it?
A. Maurice Clemens. Did you ever talk to him again?

Q. Talked to him several times. And Oterro, that's the little Spanish teacher.
A. What is Clemens?

Q. Clemens is a teacher, too, but Oterro works for the public schools.
A. Then it was Oterro then, it was a Spanish teacher, little, on the dark side.

Q. Little fellow.
A. Was he driving a Ford?

Q. Little Ford, two door sedan.
A. Yes.

(I got that from Mary's site.)

hi briar, how is everything in the rabbit hutch? missed ya, but to the conversation, and wow, lots of views, that guy was really the procurer of talent for the studios, i read somewhere, clement. i think he paid the rent a few times, if the stuff i read is accurate, who knows?
and he is too little to be the killer and to have done the deed. so i did not give him much thought. the perp is tall and strong upper body.

firewilson, proud to be a member of The Black Dahlia in Hollywood Forum since Dec 2009.
03-29-2011, 12:40 PM

Guests cannot see quotes in posts.

It's possible but a little unlikely. Though like with Hodel, I don't think O'Reilly's name was in her address book either. They found out about him through some friend of Mark's or the wife of a friend from Florentine Gardens, Honey or Sugar or something like that. Just what do you have against a good horse theory? Guests cannot see images in posts.

Danny, proud to be a member of The Black Dahlia in Hollywood Forum since Jan 2010.
06-22-2011, 05:58 PM

Steve Hodel offers ZERO evidence that his Father
even KNEW ES, let alone carried on this purported
torrid affair.

The pictures he claimed started him on his
quest have been PROVEN to be some other
woman.

One of his biggest blunders,imo, was to put so
much stock in the Washington Telegram, claiming
the date could not be read.
Upon magnification the date is clearly seen.

The nonsense about 'watches in stomachs'
and 'earings in the ear canal' go totally
OFF THE RAILS.(from the start this angle
seemed stretched to me)

I bought and read BDA, and INITIALLY was
intrigued. A closer look and a little research
and the whole thing fell flat.

glazier, proud to be a member of The Black Dahlia in Hollywood Forum since Jun 2010.
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM

Glazier, I'm glad I'm not the only one who see all the flaws in Steve's theory. For me though the doubt came when he made the jump from trying to implicate his father for Beth's murder to accepting it as fact when he began writing about Jeanne French's murder. He skipped a number of steps to get from A to D.
06-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Yeah, Lou I hear what you're saying.
The funny thing is, seeing SH with Bill Curtis on
TV lead to my interest in the case.

ON THE SURFACE, the Theory was very intriguing
(but even then I had doubts about the photos)

Have you ever noticed in the index of BDA
under the heading of 'Hodel' there is a page
and a half of listings.......
under 'Short'............
about 1/8 of 1 Page?

Tell Ya anything?

glazier, proud to be a member of The Black Dahlia in Hollywood Forum since Jun 2010.
06-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Yeah. Steve may have been a good detective while with the LAPD but I see no evidence of that from reading BDA or Most Evil. I bet if they hadn't caught the Unibomber, Steve would be trying to convince people that was the work of dear ol' dad too.
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Speaking of Steve Hodel, I just saw on his blog that he is currently working on Book III, which he describes as "a major investigative update focused on the Black Dahlia investigation. 2004-2011." He hopes to finish it in the next 6 months. Maybe this book will describe how George Hodel, evil genius, managed to build a time machine while he was alive, went back in time to Victorian London, and was Jack the Ripper himself. Steve could compare the taunting notes sent by the Ripper to the notes sent by the Black Dahlia Avenger and the Zodiac. Actually, I probably shouldn't give him any ideas!
06-24-2011, 11:46 AM

Guests cannot see images in posts. I hadn't thought of that, sounds plausible! I do pity Steve Hodel, from what I've read he just seems to have got completely caught up in his ideas about his dad, the whole thing has just spiralled out of control.

Here's to you free souls, you firefly chasers. Tree climbers, porch swingers, air guitar players...