Current time: 09-01-2014, 04:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Happy Labor Day Weekend! Be safe and happy!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Dr. Patrick O'Reilly
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 01:58 PM by Inspector.)
Dr. Patrick O'Reilly
Parts of this message have been hidden. Please login or register to unhide them.

Dr. Patrick O'Reilly was an osteopath and one of the suspects on the DA list. We had a member on the old board that did extensive research and I would like to pick that up here. I have no theory other than I believe it was a surgeon. So the research I'm about to embark on is going to info on a suspect but not necessarily my theory. This is an excerpt from the DA files:

21. Doctor Patrick S. O’Reilly, 712 South Pacific, Glendale was a good friend of Mark Hansen and Millie Miller at the time of the murder. Both of these friends knew victim and this suspect spent many evenings at Florentine Gardens and is known to have attended sex parties at Malibu and also with these friends. See Supplemental Reports by Investigator Johnstone who along with Investigator for California Pharmacy Board examined all of the doctor’s records and also see reports by Investigator Morgan. He examined pharmacy prescription records of numerous Hollywood drug stores. None of these records were found that connected suspect to victim. He was formerly married to a daughter of Burt Wallace, retired Los Angeles Police Department captain, which marriage ended in divorce. He later was convicted of Assault with a Deadly Weapon as a result of taking his secretary to a motel and sadistically beating her almost to death apparently for no other reason than to satisfy his sexual desires without intercourse. His right breast was removed by surgery. The right breast of victim Short was removed apparently by a person skilled in the use of a surgical knife. For details see supplemental report by Investigator Morgan.

If you murder an innocent man you are responsible for the blood of his unborn descendants, and the weight of this responsibility is your's to carry to the end of time.

~Unknown
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
RE: Dr. Patrick O'Reilly
Parts of this message have been hidden. Please login or register to unhide them.

Briar, I commend you. You're actually on the right track. One problem is that what they were looking for was not in any pharmacy records. Medicine or serums etc. were clandestine then, just as they are today, developed out of the U.S. and marketed to the unsuspecting consumer. The only difference is that society was exceedingly more private then. Even personal privacy went on under cover. Alcohol, abuse of, and spousal abuse and of children was swept under the carpet until more recent times.

One never spoke outright or only whispered secretly concerning things today we take for granted openly, such as hormonal supplements still enter the country and are widely used today, though are not as experimental and dangerous as years ago. There definitely were clandestine practices and practitioners then, as there are today. It's just as dangerous to get involved now as we've seen in the news in recent years.

The Dahlia unfortunately became an innocent victim, likely because of them, in clandestine and criminal activity.
03-09-2009, 02:08 AM

Guests cannot see images in posts.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Thanks Crow,for the article. I have some more newspaper articles but I am waiting to hear from thela if there is some sort of copyright rules I need to be aware of. The was a member of BethShort.com named Marlowe and he did extensive research. I can't contact him, and I need to know if it's okay to use some of his research here if I link to him and credit him when I use his research.

Thanks also to you Enstoss. I am open to many things, but I REALLY think it was a surgeon. Guests cannot see images in posts.

If you murder an innocent man you are responsible for the blood of his unborn descendants, and the weight of this responsibility is your's to carry to the end of time.

~Unknown
08-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Okay so I decided it would just be easier to post a link to Marlowe's site. Those of you who never met Marlowe on the other board, he lives in Italy and took an interest in DA list suspect Doctor Patrick S. O'Reilly. He was pretty single minded and ruffled a few feathers but he DID gather some old newspaper articles that are pretty cool.

Guests cannot see links in posts.

~Unknown
08-15-2009, 01:48 PM

(08-15-2009 11:04 AM)Briar Wrote: Guests cannot see links in posts.Okay so I decided it would just be easier to post a link to Marlowe's site. Those of you who never met Marlowe on the other board, he lives in Italy and took an interest in DA list suspect Doctor Patrick S. O'Reilly. He was pretty single minded and ruffled a few feathers but he DID gather some old newspaper articles that are pretty cool.

Being single minded can be a good thing when it comes to investigating.
08-15-2009, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2009 07:57 PM by Briar.)

Guests cannot see quotes in posts. (08-15-2009 11:04 AM)Briar Wrote: Guests cannot see links in posts.Okay so I decided it would just be easier to post a link to Marlowe's site. Those of you who never met Marlowe on the other board, he lives in Italy and took an interest in DA list suspect Doctor Patrick S. O'Reilly. He was pretty single minded and ruffled a few feathers but he DID gather some old newspaper articles that are pretty cool.

Being single minded can be a good thing when it comes to investigating.
It can be if it stay respectful and non confrontational.

~Unknown
08-15-2009, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2009 11:30 PM by Lou Sfar.)

I'll never understand the hostility that at times arises from having differing theories, since they are all essentially guesses. Short of actual evidence we have no way of knowing if a particular theory built off of sounds facts from the case is true or not.
Whatever solution one comes up with is just that and not the sole element of he or she's actual life. In other words, believing in a certain theory, and having that theory be shot down should not be perceived as a personal attack. You are not your theory.
The internet seems to make people want to argue for some reason.
Anyway, nice find Briar. Good job.
08-16-2009, 06:37 AM

I'm glad to see Marlowe's site is still up. Thanks for posting it, Briar.

I greatly appreciate the research Marlowe and Crow did on O'Reilly. I think O'Reilly is very interesting suspect, and one none of the books on the case ever mentioned. That's an example of how us amatures can add to the body of knowlege about the case.

It can be a little grating when people are overly adamant about having "solved" the case. I used to let that get under my skin, but now I just try to focus on what I regard as their positive contributions. That goes for the professionals as well as the amatures.

Mystery Train, proud to be a member of The Black Dahlia in Hollywood Forum since May 2009.
08-16-2009, 08:37 PM

I think that the "solution" claims is what bugs me the most. It's not that I can't think of a convincing suspect, it's that I can see really valid info in A LOT of theories. I love reading people (and we have the best I've ever seen right here on this site) who have a theory and work toward proving it. All along the way they find things that help us on whatever possible puzzle we all happen to be working on as well as their own and they respect those of us who AREN'T so focused. I respect them and appreciate them, too Guests cannot see images in posts.

~Unknown